Conference Registration Instructions
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED–THANK YOU TO ALL!
Early Bird Registration opens Saturday, Aug. 25th, at 9 a.m. for SCBWI members (of any region.) Early Bird prices end on September 8th, at 9 am. General registration opens September 8th at 9 am.
Here’s how to register:
1. Login to the SCBWI website. If you are a member of SCBWI, make sure your membership is current. If not, pay your dues first in order to register for the Early Bird rate and receive the discount. Members must be logged in to register with the member discounts. Any issues with membership should be addressed through the national office by visiting www.scbwi.org
2. Once logged in, visit the Kansas / Missouri Region Homepage at https://ksmo.scbwi.org
3. Click on the Middle of the Map link in the sidebar. Locate the registration form at the bottom of the main event page. If you are a member (and you are logged in properly), some of the form should be pre-filled. If you are not a member, the registration form will not be visible until general registration opens on September 8th.
4. Complete the form and choose the appropriate event options.
4. You will select your manuscript critique/portfolio review/career consultation if you so desire and critiques are still available for purchase. If they are not listed as an option, they are full. They do sell out quickly — usually within the first week of registration. Instructions will follow by email with details on manuscript submissions, which will be due October 5th.
NOTE: ONE (1) CRITIQUE PER REGISTRATION!*
(Does not apply to Career Consultations with Alexandra Penfold. You may have BOTH a critique and consultation)
5. At the Saturday conference, we will assign lunch tables based on your preferred genre. Choose novelist, picture book author, and/or illustrator. There also is an option for a vegetarian lunch that you should check during registration if preferred. Please note any food allergies in your registration “notes” field. We cannot accommodate all food allergies, but we will do our best and will contact you with information before the conference.
6. If you are an illustrator, please let us know (by selecting the appropriate box) if you will have a portfolio in our conference show.
7. If you are interested in Sunday morning round-table peer-to-peer critiques (a new option this year) please let us know at the time of registration so we plan appropriate space.
8. After completing the form and selecting continue, you will be prompted to complete your payment. Select your payment option for registration (and critique, if applicable) in the drop-down box, which lists Pay by PayPal and has an arrow on the right to choose the Pay by Check alternative. Paying by check saves the region from paying Paypal fees. The mailing address for checks is SCBWI Kansas / Missouri, 11709 Roe Ave., Suite D #200, Leawood, KS 66211. This address is also listed on the registration screen and we request that all checks be mailed within 3 business days to secure your registration. If you want to pay by credit card, there is an option on the PayPal screen below the PayPal login box where you can enter your information and pay with a credit card without logging into a PayPal account.
If you have any questions about registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.