Announcing the 2020-2021 Illustrator Mentorship Program!
The 2020-2021 illustrator mentor is our local Kansas/Missouri SCBWI PAL member:
Have you created a book illustration you would love to discuss with a mentor?
Would you appreciate some guidance and direction to improve your craft from a local professional?
Then the illustrator mentorship contest is just the thing you need to try this year!
Entry for this mentorship is open to any current KS-MO SCBWI member not published or under contract. The winner will work with the mentor for a set time period working on their mentorship entry to improve upon their illustration craft.
Following the announcement of the winner, the mentor and mentee will “meet” via phone, Skype, or email (up to 3 times) to discuss questions and revisions.
The winner will also receive a scholarship covering registration cost to the online Summer Spectacular (https://www.scbwi.org/events/scbwi-summer-spectacular-2020/) July 31- August 4th, 2020. (Please note: this has changed due to the cancellation of the KSMO SCBWI annual conference this November.)
All you need to do to start is turn in one piece of artwork!
Cost: Free to SCBWI KS-MO members
When: Deadline to apply is June 15, 2020
Submission Entry: Opens May 1, 2020
Winner Contacted: by July 31, 2020
1. Submit a 72 dpi .jpg of an illustration.
2. The illustration must be original, created by you.
3. Please submit your entry as an email attachment to Robin Schuberth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Submission files should be labeled with your name (eg: sam_doe.jpg).
5. Your email subject line MUST read: 2021 Illustrator Mentorship Contest.
6. Include the following in the accompanying email: your name, mailing address, telephone number, and illustration title (if applicable).
About Our Mentor: Sarah Walsh