DEADLINE FOR MANUSCRIPTS AND PORTFOLIO SUBMISSIONS:
Manuscripts and portfolios will be due September 30th by 5 pm. You will receive written feedback a couple of days in advance of your Zoom meeting so that you can read over the comments and come prepared with any additional questions. Zoom meetings will be scheduled Saturday, November 6th between 9-11:30 am.
If you purchased a manuscript critique from one of our faculty, please follow these submission guidelines:
Please submit your manuscript to email@example.com as an attachment to the email with the following subject line and document title: FacultyLastName_Title_YourLastName. For example, if your name is Jane Doe and you are submitting a manuscript entitled Best Book Ever for critique with Cheryl Klein, you would title your document and the subject line of the email as follows: KLEIN_BestBookEver_Doe. Manuscripts should be in Times New Roman, 12 point font, double-spaced, using standard manuscript formatting.
If you do not know how to format a manuscript for submission, we highly recommend viewing this free webinar from the Maryland/Delaware/West Virginia SCBWI chapter, or view this sample document from the Oregon SCBWI chapter for more information.
You may submit the first ten pages of your novel with a one page synopsis (synopsis should be single-spaced and included at the beginning or end of your manuscript so that it is contained in one document) OR one full picture book manuscript. Faculty will not be critiquing the synopsis but you may provide one for context.
1. Submit a 72 dpi .jpg each of no more than ten (10) images of your work.
2. The illustrations must be original, created by you.
3. Please submit your entry as an email attachments to Robin Schuberth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Submission files should be labeled with your name AND numbered one thru ten in your prefered order (eg: sam_doe1.jpg).
5. Your email subject line MUST read: 2021 Illustrator Portfolio Review.
6. Include the following in the accompanying email: your name, mailing address, and best telephone number.
7. Please follow the above instructions precisely.